Thursday, April 7, 2011

I love the Pioneer Woman



I have a long standing love affair with Western movies and Ree Drumond’s life on a ranch in Oklahoma with a chap wearing husband, massive farm kitchen, four unruly kids and lots of great cooking make me feel all gushy with a weird kind of envy (the kind where I’m not really sure I would want it for myself but she makes it look so cool and fun I wish I could be her - part time).


She is a food and life style blogger whose recipes are awe inspiring (if not just because of how rich they are), her photographs are sublime her writing style personal and real. And I love it. I have referred some friends to it and I have gotten mixed feedback and some feel it’s overwhelming but it makes me HAPPY.


Tell me what you think?


PS - You have to watch True Grit


2 comments:

  1. I checked her out again and am quite intrigued by her mushroom and spinach quesadillas, must try it. Plus I like that she reminds me of my favorite book with T.S.Spivet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she is OTT; so much for the new healthy focus ;oD Although time on the farm does sound appealing as I sit here at my desk researching the fate of our countries migrants

    ReplyDelete