Thursday, July 21, 2011

Roast veg salad with Caesar dressing


A few weeks ago my Mom told me about reading a taste magazine where they had roasted whole slices of cauliflower in the oven and served them like steaks (so to speak). This idea intrigued me as I like cauliflower but can never think of anything special or exciting to with it. This sounded like it would look interesting and taste different.
Yesterday I felt like a salad but I like robust salads with loads of goodies and a great dressing, so I decided to add roasted cauliflower and butternut slices, a Caesar dressing and a soft boiled egg. I had also grilled some maple syrup coated streaky bacon but I burned it mercilessly... and had to throw it away...
I rubbed the slices of cauliflower with olive oil, salt, chilli flakes and sumac powder, but you can rub pretty much any of your favorite seasoning on the veggie slices with a bit of oil and grill them until the start getting flecked with black.
I also had some toasted seeds left over from another day (I always make extra). So all in all, it was mixed baby Asian salad leaves, with slices of roasted cauliflower and butternut, a soft boiled egg, toasted seeds and Caesar dressing - robust flavors, filling and satisfying. A good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment