Friday, June 1, 2012

Dinner with friends in old Antibes!

Dinner at Mama Lu's in Antibes, a small Italian restaurant in the utterly charming old part of town. 

A few antipasti platters for the table. The presentation may be rustic but the quality of the ingredients, uncompromising!

Katie's vongole (Italian clam) pasta. I wish I enjoyed sea food as they have the most sublime sea food around here! 

My Cepes (porcini mushroom) ravioli with saffron cream sauce, was delicious. But hopelessly too rich for me.
I had to donate half of it to Dom. 
Dirk then decided to take us on a little tour of Antibes by night.
What a pleasure - felt like we were walking through a movie.



Look at the little balcony on the left - can't you just imagine Juliet staring off into the distance
being spied out by Romeo not far below?
And then look at the cars and realise that we know nothing about parking issues in South Africa. 




Our tour guide doing his thing. 
A place I still need to go.
And back to where we started! Could it get any prettier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment