Friday, January 20, 2012

It's Friday, I can do what I want to!



I've been meat free, wheat free and sugar free all week and it's starting to lose it's charm now... I want meat and I want pasta. Last year I developed a really quick and easy creamy chicken and tomato pasta on request of a client of mine. So I think I'm going to use today's cooler overcast weather and the that fact that it's Friday as excellent reasons to make this for my lunch today! 



Creamy chicken and tomato pasta
Serves 4 - 6

400g of pasta of choice, cooked and drained
2 Tbsp of olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tsp of paprika
½ tsp of garam marsala
½ tsp of turmeric
4 medium sized tomatoes, finely chopped
3 large chicken breasts (or 6 deboned skinless thighs), chopped into small bits
100g of tomato paste
250ml of cream (substitute with coconut milk for a dairy free option)
1 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of thyme
Salt to taste
Parmesan to serve (optional)

While your pasta is boiling, heat the oil in a medium sized pot and fry your onions until translucent. Add the spices and fry for a minute. Add your chopped tomato and chicken and fry until the chicken is almost cooked. Add the tomato paste, cream and herbs. Stir until well combined and salt to taste.

Serve on pasta with grated Parmesan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment