Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beef and basil pesto cream pasta



My brother and his fiance came to stay with me last week. They arrived just before lunch. I had had a super busy morning and we all had appointments in the afternoon. However, I still wanted to spoil them a bit with a yummy but quick lunch. This beef and pesto pasta was just the ticket. 


I had done the shopping the day before and lunch was whipped up in 10 minutes. If I were to make it again though, I think I would add some quartered broccoli florets while frying the meat, just to add a veg element and keep it a more balanced meal. This sauce could also be a great topping for a baked potato. 


Beef, broccoli and pesto cream pasta
Serves 4 portions

250g of pasta of choice, cooked and drained
1 Tbsp of olive oil
300g of good quality beef (fillet is the best), cut into thin strips
Salt and pepper (to taste)
8 broccoli florets, cut into quarters (optional)
1/2 a cup of basil pesto (I used Pesto Princess, which is my favorite)
½ a cup of cream or coconut cream
Grated Parmesan


Heat the oil in a wok or big heavy bottomed pan on high heat. Salt and pepper your beef strips and stir fry the meat and broccoli together until just cooked, but still a bit al dente. Remove from the heat, add the pesto and cream and stir to combine.

Check the seasoning. Add the pasta and combine until well coated with sauce. Serve with a handful of parmesan. 



PS - if you haven't already voted for me in the Eat In top local food blog awards - please do so by clicking on the icon below, then click on the pink voting button at the top of the page and following the prompts.

If you really really like my blog, then share it with your friends on facebook or twitter by clicking the share buttons on the left side of this page. 

1 comment:

  1. Mmh, I remember when you made that meal very decadently at your Dad's but instead of coconut milk there was also blue cheese and cream...

    ReplyDelete