Friday, February 24, 2012

Long overdue catch up!



My gorgeous friend, Daniella Bond.


This morning I met up with one of my best friends for a long over due catch up. I haven't seen her since my wedding day and so much has happened since then. One of the big things that has happened in her life is that she, her husband and three friends have stared a new business. The business is the Frankie Fenner Meat Merchants.  


Sandwiches stacked and ready to go! 


The story goes back a long way and I have been hearing bits and bobs of her adventures out in the farmlands and at butcheries in the stix for what seems like years now. But now, here it is, in the flesh (literally) at Metal Lane, no. 8 Kloof Street. A small shop stylishly decorated with a walk in freezer clad in leather (!), a cowhide on the floor and cured meats hanging on hooks! 


The produce is primarily pre-ordered online, so that they can cut out waste. I did however pick up a fabulous rack of pork ribs without prior arrangement, which are currently braising in my oven. The smell is heavenly! 


My rack of pork ribs ready to go into the oven... yum I can't wait! Recipe to follow if it's any good. 


As you all know, I don't get too much meat in my diet due to having a vego husband. So when I do eat meat I like to know that it's the real deal. Happy animals produce great quality meat. The Frankie Fenner team is all about ethically treated animals and superb quality meat and I think that's great.  


Anyway - if you want to read all about them - click here. Or pop past and grab a cup of Deluxe coffee and a sandwich made by Andy (of Jamie who? fame) while you ask the team themselves. 


A special delivery sandwich for Annika - cider poached ham and cheddar with pickles and mustard on sourdough  66% rye. Simple and delicious!



PS - if you haven't already voted for me in the Eat In top local food blog awards - please do so by clicking on the icon below, then click on the pink voting button at the top of the page and following the prompts.

If you really really like my blog, then share it with your friends on facebook or twitter by clicking the share buttons on the left side of this page. 



No comments:

Post a Comment