Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sweet satisfaction!


I don't often eat sweet potatoes, but when I do, I like them to take center stage. Today is the perfect sweet potato day. It's grey and cold and I'm in the mood for comfort food. 


I like to eat the skins so I take care over washing and scrubbing them to avoid grit getting stuck on the skin. Using the rough end of a kitchen sponge is ideal for this. 


Baking them dry (no oil) in the oven is the best way to prepare them, but today I'm in quick fix mode, so I just popped them in the microwave until soft. Mine were really big so they took about 15 minutes at full heat. Then I simply slice them up, drench them in butter and seasoned then with salt and grated nutmeg (which is totally optional). Nothing more is required. This is perfection in a plate. 


I just ate an entire one for lunch and they were monsters. No sides, no accompaniments, just that. And I am feeling very happy right now. 



1 comment: